Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To the Victor Go the Spoils!


I'm queen of the non-scale victories this week!

I'm wearing smaller tops and finding my old jeans much easier to wear.  I'm really starting to make headway this week.

For starters I've gone down a bra size.  I haven't worn this bra in so long, I never thought it would fit again.  I've worn a few of my 4x sized shirts this past week, and they've been growing excessively large and frumpish...they are making their way to the box for donation.  I've finally hit the point, where I'm going to have to start pruning the things in my closet that are just too monstrous to keep wearing.  I'm a bit surprised it's already happening, and I'm slightly anxious about it.  That makes me confused of course, but the truth is, I'm happy to be feeling this conflicted about it.

I went shopping this weekend.  In fact, I spent waaay too much money, but most of it was house related, and birthday party related...I'm not done with birthday party expenses, but at least her gifts are gotten.  But the major victory was that in all that walking and shopping that I did, not once did I feel wasted and tired and weary.  4 months ago, it would have worn me out completely, and I would have wrapped it up about 4 hours earlier than I did, both days.

I've also had several restaurant meals in the last few days, and I've sustained a 33 lb loss throughout it.  I made good selections both times, and was very proud of myself for not having given in to old habits of ordering ridiculously high fat, high calorie and way too bad for you options.  And last night my head hurt so bad after a stressful day that I indulged in a big mac (I was waaay to done in to think about cooking), and I binged on 2 100 calorie packs of pringles.  I don't feel ashamed for having done it, but I didn't enjoy them the way you would think I would have.  In fact, I had a crummy sleep and I'm sure it was the effects of having eaten so poorly last night.  And I'm looking forward to my salad at lunch time.  Amazing how that happens.  When even the cravings for your old habitual comfort foods goes away.  Huge victory in that one.

So, it's been a hard slog of a week, but it's over now, and I won another one.  I only won it by one pound, but I did 6 days of working out, and I made time for myself.  I feel better.  I look better.  I last longer and am doing more ALREADY.  And things are starting to get too big.  Who could ask for more?



No comments:

Post a Comment